Living in Florida.....heck, just living in general, can put us into contact with natural and unnatural disasters of varying proportions.Most of us, if given the choice, would choose property damage over any other kind. As long as our loved one's are okay, most anything else can be repaired.
The various types of damage that can occur are:
- Wind damage (hurricanes, tornadoes, the unannounced storms).
- Flood Damage (this is usually not structural in nature but can force rebuilds of otherwise good structures.
- Fire Damage
- Automobiles crashing into homes and other buildings.
- Termite damage
- Rot damage
Many of these, whether being evaluated by an insurance adjuster, or the owner, or a contractor, require engineering evaluation.
These engineering evaluations might result in:
- A letter stating that things are okay.
- A letter stating that the damage requires remedy
- Plans (reconstruction plans) to be used for cost evaluation and repair permitting.
Getting an experienced, licensed structural engineer is generally the best solution to the above.
Florida Tectonics, Inc. serves most of the the state Florida. We can provide the expertise and the above documents, as needed, so that you can begin the repair and bring your project, or home, back into pre-damaged condition.
Our clients are:
- Insurance Adjusters
- Insurance companies
Contact the Engineer Designer if you have damage and need to know how to rebuild it.